FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » REQUEST: Please index the name of Mac alias and display them in search results
Re: REQUEST: Please index the name of Mac alias and display them in search results [message #1658 is a reply to message #1587] Sun, 07 May 2023 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Atlas
Can Foxtrot Engineer please let me know their thoughts on this feature request? Missing the ability to search for Mac alias is getting more painful for me. Please don't index the contents of target files for alias links, but I DO want to be able to search them by name. For example, if I search for "history of pi", then I want to see all alias links with that string in their names, but there's no need to find that string in their contents. Can't we index the FILE NAME of alias links? Mac Spotlight and other search tools like HoudahSpot support this. It's kind of strange that Foxtrot has really power search tools like proximity search, and full path indexing, but it can't search for alias links by name.

Please let me your thoughts on this. I've been waiting for almost half year. Thank you.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 May 2023 15:27]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: New Indexing is not working
Next Topic: FoxTrot Professional Search License
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 00:58:03 GMT+2 2024