FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » New Indexing is not working (Indexing of the new files does not work properly.)
Re: New Indexing is not working [message #1652 is a reply to message #1651] Mon, 24 April 2023 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jero
Thanks for your info.

Now I want to start new ones and create three different indexes.

1) I delete the standard "Main Index" and I create a new index with the title "IndexA.ftindex" under "Manage Indices" and select the storage location for the file "IndexA.ftindex".

2) Under "Manage Indices" -> tab "Indexed Data" I select the folder manually ("+") that is to be indexed.

In the "Manage Indices" settings I see that the status is "Running" and the checkbox "Start automatically when starting FoxTrot Pro" is active and the status on the file is green.

But when I close the "Manage Indices" screen or close the whole programme and start it again, the status bar at the bottom left shows the following:

Indexed items: 0
Index size: 0 B
Last update -

What am I doing wrong here?

FYI:
- I currently have a total of 15 GB of memory on my MacBookPro SSD hard drive. The total size of the directory that should be indexed is 1.2 GB.
- I don't see the Cog wheel in the status bar that shows that idexing is in progress.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 April 2023 17:31]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Update Index in Background don't work
Next Topic: REQUEST: Please index the name of Mac alias and display them in search results
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 01:51:28 GMT+2 2024