FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Documentation for FoxTrot Server
Re: Documentation for FoxTrot Server [message #207 is a reply to message #206] Thu, 24 July 2014 06:20 Go to previous message
Cedric BARNET
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I managed to figure it out on my own. Because I was on the same machine, turning on FT Server service did show the server in Search Admin and I could go from there.

Merci quand même!

Cedric

On Jul 22, 2014, at 2:23 AM, CTM Development wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> While we know this needs enhancing, what we have on:
>
> http://help.foxtrot.ch
>
> is what exists in terms of documentation.
>
> The key to connecting the admin to the server processes are to launch the Search Server first, and determine which IP address the Search Server is accessible on.
>
> Then connecting your admin application to your server is either done using that address, or "localhost" without the quotes if you are running on the same machine.
>
> I would be glad to help you in private e-mail.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> jean michel / ctm qa
>
> On Jul 21, 2014, at 8:38 PM, Cedric BARNET wrote:
>
>> Same here, please anyone ? I started the Foxtrot Search Admin service, then launched Foxtror Search Server to manage Indices but can't connect to any server.
>> I can connect to the safe via the finder.
>>
>> Need help to set that up.
>>
>> Cedric
>>
>> Le mercredi 25 septembre 2013 09:02:48 UTC-7, Tony Wu a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to setup FoxTrot server with a bunch of clients using FoxTrot Professional. Is there any documentation or manuals around? I've looked on the website and wasn't able to find any.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>>
>

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Rebuild index doesn't index in version 5
Next Topic: FT Pro: Finding Outlook Mail attachments
Goto Forum: